Case Study: YAMAHA (USA) – November 2014
The Challenge: To update and transform YAMAHA Recreational Vehicles existing 11-stage pretreatment system at their Newman facility in Georgia. The plant manufactures four recreational product lines including the company’s Side-x-Side utility vehicles, ATV’s, Golf Carts and Personal Watercrafts.
The Benefits: – Ambient operational temperature, saving energy cost
– Significantly less sludge than iron and zinc phosphate, allowing for reduced maintenance like frequent – washer descales and plugged nozzles
– Increased performance and minimized environmental impact
– Overall chemical savings of approximately 60% after converting from Zinc Phosphate to a Zirconium system
– Exceeding salt spray – 1200 hours B-117 salt spray
The Results: – Environmental Impact: Reduction of waster treatment, energy consumption, water usage, phosphate-free
– Regulatory Impact: Compliance with ever changing Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Regulations
– Economic Impact: Reduction of chemical cost, maintenance, and overall operational system cost
– Productivity Impact: Increased productivity due to fewer stages, less maintenance, ease of use
– Performance Impact: Increased performance across all substrates
ADVANTECH Yamaha Case Study
‘Phosphate-free’ ADVANTECH Zirconium pretreatment delivers transformational results at YAMAHA Recreational Vehicles.
Read more about the great results by downloading the PDF below.
VANCHEM and Jena Industries form partnership to implement new aluminum pretreatment line at METALUMEN in Guelph, Ontario
To design and implement a new 6-stage pre-treatment line for aluminum fixtures at Metalumen in Guelph, Ontario featuring ADVANTECH Zirconium pretreatments.
ADVANTECH Zirconium went up against Henkel and Chemetal pretreatments with the goal being the AAMA 2605 specification and easily outperformed the competition.
The pre-treatment process is ‘phosphate-free’ and designed to go directly to the sewer system.
Metalumen has been running with ‘phosphate-free’ ADVANTECH Zirconium since May 2018 and to date is achieving excellent results.